Summers are in full swing in many parts of the world. We need to keep ourselves hydrated all the time. Summers call for variety of healthy drinks to hydrate ourselves. Buttermilk is one of the popular drinks in many south indian households. Karpooravalli neer mor /Carom leaf buttermilk is one of the most addictive summer quintessential at my place. We are all aware of the benefits of Omam leaf / Ajwain leaf /Carom Leaf. It Improves digestion . We dry the leaves thoroughly in sunlight and powder it. We store it and use when necessary as I don’t have access to fresh leaves all the time. My Mom helps me with us as she has a beautiful kitchen garden at her place.
Benefits of Karpooravalli / Carom Leaf :
- Helps to Cure Stomach ache
- It has many medicinal properties and helps cure stomach ailments.
- Helps treat Cold and Cough ailments.
- Used in Recipes to make chutney , dip , juices and fritters.
- Always best when used in moderation.
What is the Shhhhhh Cooking theme this month?
The host for March theme was Sasmita who suggested Summer drinks for the theme. Sasmita is an amazing photographer. She made a delicious Summer drink .Check out the recipe here. I was paired with Shobha ji who is a wonderful chef and a seasoned blogger. She gave two secret ingredients Kala Namak and Jal Jeera Powder. I gave her Yogurt and Honey. She whipped up a refreshing drink Kiwi Summer Cooler.I made this incredibly refreshing and hydrating drink Karpooravalli Neer Mor / Carom leaf Buttermilk. I am just not able to get over it. Do try it to believe it.
KARPOORAVALLI NEER MOR / CAROM LEAF BUTTERMILK
- 1 Blender
- 1 Cup Thick home made Curd
- 1/2 Tsp Kala Namak
- 1/2 Tsp Jal Jeera Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Fresh Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Carom Leaves / Ajwain Leaves / Karpooravalli Leaves
- 1/4 Tsp Green Chilli Powder
- 2 Cups Water
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- Keep it refrigerated if you want to have it cold.
- Serve and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- You may two fresh karpooravalli / Carom / Ajwain leaves in case you don’t have dried leaves.
- Adjust the consistency as per you requirement and taste.
- You can add a non spicy fresh green chilli in case you do not have dried green chilli powder.
- Do not skip any other ingredient to enjoy the full benefits of this refreshing Karpooravali Neer Mor / Carom leaf Buttermilk.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.