Today I am sharing another interesting instant Pickle to enjoy this summer. Pickles are an integral part of our lives. I am a sucker for pickles and I always like to try new varieties. Winged bean and Mango Pickle is incredibly delicious and finger licking good. You must try this and I bet you will not be disappointed. This is an instant pickle recipe. The pickle bottle gets polished off very soon.
Some Facts about Pickles:
- Indian Pickles have Antioxidant Properties.
- They are known to boost immunity
- They are usually soaked in Vinegar or Salt or Oil for the long lasting pickles
- Pickles have been an integral part of Many cuisines.
- Pickles help growth of Probiotic Bacteria in our Gut.
- Improves the secretion of digestive enzymes.
Some Facts about Winged Bean and Mango Pickle:
I have never heard of winged bean pickle earlier. I thought to pair it with raw mangoes and it was an instant hit with the freshly made pickle spices at home. This recipe is an instant version and lasts for a week. The crisp winged bean when paired with raw mango and pickle spices is a treat to your palate. Do try it to believe it. It is a perfect accompaniment with Simple Indian meals.
WINGED BEAN AND MANGO PICKLE
- 1 Small Pan
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Clean Bottle with lid
For the Pickle
- 15 Nos Fresh winged bean cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 No Grated fresh green mango
- 2 No Fresh Green Mango Cut into medium size Pieces
- 3 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tsp Fresh Home made Aachari Masala
- 4 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Asafoetida / Hing
For Aachari Masala / Pickle Spice Powder
- 4 Tsp Roasted Fenugreek seeds / Methi
- 7 Tsp Lightly Roasted Mustard
- 3.5 Tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 15 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
For Aachari Masala
- Blend all the ingredients mentioned under Aachari Masala into a fine powder and once cooled store it in an airtight container.
For the Pickle
- Cut winged bean into bite size pieces.
- Add it to the mixing bowl. Also add the grated mango and cut mango pieces and mix well.
- Now add salt and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes.
- In a pan heat oil. Add mustard seeds and once it splutters add asafoetida and turn off the heat.
- Once the oil is cooled add aachari masala and kashmiri red chilli powder and pour this oil over cut mangoes and winged beans.
- Mix well.Transfer it to an air tight clean bottle .
- Enjoy this yummy pickle with each meal with your family and friends.
- You can also add carrots to this pickle.
- Always use dry spoons .
- Mangoes and winged bean should be washed and completely dry.
- Water content will spoil the pickle.
- I have used Medium spicy red chilli powder
- I have learnt the pickle spice powder from my mom.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.