Today I am sharing a very delicious and quick Raw Mango curry with coconut . It is absolutely lip smacking and so addictive.Perfect summer curry on lazy days. It is very easy and quick to whip up. I wanted to enjoy the most of the mango curry before the season ends. I have made them with Unripe Totapuri Variety. You can use any variety of your choice. No one would like to miss the mango season.
Seasonal recipes are always a treat . We love Mangoes both unripe and ripe varieties. Can’t get enough of it during the season. This mango curry with Coconut is loved by my family and it is regularly whipped up during the season. With all the freshly ground spices the curry os so aromatic and delicious. It tickles your tastebuds . You must try it to believe it.
What is the Shhhhhh Cooking theme this month?
This month the Host is Anu who suggested the theme Mango Receipes. I am paired with the host for this theme. Anu is a versatile blogger and has many delicious recipes on her blog. She gave me two secret ingredients coriander seeds and Poppy seeds and I gave her Cardamom and Yogurt. She whipped up delicious Mango Lassi and I made this lip smacking Raw Mango Curry with Coconut. Do check out all the amazing recipes posted by our fellow bloggers.
RAW MANGO CURRY WITH COCONUT
- 1 Blender
- 1 Pan
- 1 Chopping Board and Knife
- 1 Spatula
- 2 Nos Fresh Raw Unripe Mangoes
- 1 Large Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger Paste
- 2 Tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Subzi Masala
For the Masala Paste
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated coconut
- 1 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- 4 Nos Dry Red Chillies( mildly spicy)
- 1 No Fresh Red Chilli
- 1 Tsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 Nos Cloves
For the Tempering :
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 3/4 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Sprig Fresh Curry Leaves
- Wash the raw mangoes and chop them in big pieces. Keep it aside.
- Chop the onions finely and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Coriander seeds , red chilli (fresh and dried),cloves,poppy seeds and roast until the aroma is released . Then add the freshly grated coconut and mix well. Roast on medium flame for a minute or two.
- Allow this mixture to cool completely. Once cooled blend it to a smooth paste.
- In the same pan add oil . Throw in the jeera and mustard seeds.Once they splutter add the curry leaves . Mix well.
- Now add the finely chopped onions and saute till it becomes translucent. Then add the chopped mango pieces. Mix well and let it cook untill the mangoes are slightly tender. Do not overcook the mangoes.
- Once the mangoes are tender add in the ground paste ,subzi masala and salt. Add 1/4 cup water and let it simmer for 10 minutes on low flame .
- Once the oil starts to leave the sides turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with Rice ,pickle and Papad and enjoy!!!!!
- Use any variety of Raw mango which is not extremely Sour.
- In case you do not have subzi masala you made add some garam masala.
- Adjust the chillies as per your spice tolerance. This proportion is perfect for my family.
- You may remove the seeds from the chilli on case you want to lower the heat.
- Always use fresh mangoes for best taste.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.