Today I am sharing a very easy and delicious energy ball recipe. It is loaded with the goodness of Dragon fruit , dry fruits and multi grain powder. It is a no cook recipe and can be whipped up in just 10 minutes. Trust me it is super addictive. I make a fresh batch every time i get Pink Dragon fruit. They are in season now and abundantly available.I love the pink flesh ones . We got these sweet dragon fruits from an organic farm during our recent visit to Sepang ,Malaysia. It is so cheap when compared to the prices in the super markets. Nothing can beat the fresh organic dragon fruits that is so juicy. Have you ever wondered making energy balls with dragon fruit ? if your answer is NO… then you must give it a try. You will not be disappointed.
Some facts about Dragon Fruits :
- It is rich in antioxidants like flavonoids, phenolic acid, and betacyanin.
- It is naturally fat-free and high in fiber.
- It is known to help lower your blood sugar.
- It contains prebiotics, which are foods that feed the healthy bacteria called probiotics in our gut.
- It can strengthen our immune system
- It is rich in Vitamin C and Magnesium.
- It is known to be a Super Food.
- It helps to Neutralize free radicals
- It is also called as Pitaya.
- You have white ,pink and yellow dragon fruits. White and yellow dragon fruits have white flesh where as Pink one has pink colour flesh.
DRAGON FRUIT ENERGY BALLS:
- It is loaded with dry fruits like Cashews , Raisins, Almonds and Walnuts.
- Fresh Pink dragon fruit puree is used
- Desiccated Coconut is also added along with some Coconut Sugar.
- I have also used home made Multi grain Powder that is so handy.Multigrain flour is home made .It consists of jowar, green gram ,almond,oats, quinoa, flax seeds,wheat and bajra. All dry roasted individually and ground into fine powder. Usually my mom makes it for me.
DRAGON FRUIT ENERGY BALLS
- 1 Blender
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 2 Tsp Chia Seeds
- 8 Tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Cup Multi grain Powder
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Dragon fruit Puree
- 3/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- Blend Cashews ,raisins ,Almonds and Walnuts to a fine powder. Transfer the contents to a bowl.
- Add coconut sugar, desccated coconut 3/4 cup multi grain powder and chia seeds to the bowl .Mix well.
- Lastly add the dragon fruit puree and mix all the ingredients well.
- Take small portions and roll it into round balls. Roll these bliss balls in the remaining multi grain powder .
- Store them in an air tight container .
- Stays good for a week if kept in the refrigerator.
- Use pink dragon fruit for best results.
- Do not Skip any ingredients mentioned above to get the best results.
- You can add palm jaggery in case you do not have coconut sugar. Avoid refined sugar at any cost.
- Increase or decrease the sugar quantity as per your taste. The measuement i mentioned above is perfect for my family.
Mango Yogurt Parfait by Kalyani.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.