I am so happy today as I celebrate 8th Blog Anniversary today. It has been a tremendous journey where I am competing with myself as I improve and learn. Juggling home ,full time work with long hours and still blogging is an achievement in itself .A lot of people may do it and its not a big deal. But for me without any house help I feel I am learning and developing each day. Blogging has taken a back seat as my work is keep me super busy and exhausted. I am trying to be as regular as possible .My family , friends and readers are the ones who have been so encouraging and motivating for me to keep blogging . I made these delicious Potato and Spinach patties to celebrate this small and humble milestone .
Some facts about Spinach :
- Spinach is a powerhouse of Nutrition.
- Rich in Iron
- Good for boosting Immunity
- Good for the Eyes
- Helps to prevent Osteoporosis
8TH BLOG ANNIVERSARY !!
I started this blog on May 1 ,2015 to document by recipes and recipes I have learnt from my mom . I never knew blogging will need so much time ,commitment and consistency. My family encouraged me to start this blog. I am competing with myself to get better each day and there is a long road ahead. The dynamics ,SEO etc change each day and we need to constantly upgrade myself. But that is not happening at the pace it should be . But I am trying to do my best each time . I would like to thank my family and readers who have got me going. There is a lot of work to be done . I always believe Consistency and Hardwork will take me a long way.
POTATO AND SPINACH PATTIES
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Wide Bottom Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Chopping Board & knife
- 4 Nos Medium size boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 Cup Chopped Spinach
- 2 Inches Fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 No Medium Sized Red Onion finely chopped
- 3 Nos Fresh green chilies finely chopped
- 1 No Bird's eye Red Chili finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder / Amchur
- 2 Tsp Coarsely crushed roasted peanuts
- 1 Tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Oil for Shallow frying
- In a mixing bowl add mashed boiled potatoes , chopped spinach ,chopped ginger, chopped onions ,finely chopped green chili and red chili, salt ,garam masala , dry mango powder, Coarse black pepper powder , Coarsely pound roasted peanuts and bread crumbs.
- Mix all the ingredients and shape them into round patties .
- Heat oil in a pan . Once the oil is hot shallow fry the patties until both sides are nice golden brown.
- Once done tranfer them on to a kitchen towel to drain excess oil if any.
- Serve the patties with a spicy yogurt dip or any sauce of your choice .
- Add any vegetable of your choice.
- You it in burgers or Wraps too.
- Make the patties ahead and freeze them .
- Perfect for snack box for school or for parties too.
- Increase or decrease the number of chilies as per your spice tolerance.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
6 thoughts on “POTATO AND SPINACH PATTIES”
We’ve got a weakness for all sorts of veggie patties. So versatile and filling too. Love how you’ve loaded this potato and spinach one with spinach. Would be perfect for veggie burgers too. And congratulations on completing 8 years of blogging. What a remarkable achievement.
The spinach potatoes are a perfect lunch box with some salad and a dip. I am sure I will love this any time of the day.
Congratulations, Preethi! I know what you mean when people think it’s nothing big! They definitely do not know the hard work involved. Kudos to you.
Patties of any kind are welcome at my place, and these potato and spinach patties will definitely end up as our meal for the day! Perfect with some salad or soup.
Congratulations Preethi and wishing many more. Adding spinach in patties sounds good and tasty too. I have another recipe to make for my family who loves both spinach and potato.
Aloo palak is my fav gravy and now you have given me a new way to relish my aloo palak in the form of patties . Love the addition of til. A perfect treat with garam masala Chai for a rainy evening.
kudos on your 8th blogoversary, Preethi. wishing you many many more. the speckled patties with the til and the goodness of spinach is so exciting !