Mangoes are in season here. Summers are in full swing . This weather calls for a cold dessert to beat the heat. I am sharing the recipe for Mango Almond Kulfi that I made two days back. It is so rich and creamy. It is a no cook recipe and very easy to make. This is not the traditional method of making kulfi but a shortcut instead.
What is Kulfi ?
Kulfi is a traditional milk based dessert popular in the Indian Sub Continent. Flavoring ingredients vary. It is made from full fat milk and cream that gives it a very rich and creamy texture. It is also known as the Indian Ice Cream. I remember the kulfiwallas who sold Kulfi in their Matkas ,during my growing up years. The traditional method takes a lot of time and effort. We resort to the quicker methods. The flavors vary from saffron , cardamom , mango , malai etc. There are many new variations in flavors these days. Mango Almond kulfi and Kesar Pista Kulfi are my favorite ones.
MANGO ALMOND KULFI
- 1 Blender
- 5 Kulfi Moulds or cups
- 1.5 Cup Fresh Mangoes Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cream
- 8 Tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Pinch Cardamom Powder
- 5 Nos Strands of Saffron
- 1/3 Cup Full Fat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Almonds roughly Powdered
- Add chopped mangoes , 1/4 Cup Almonds and Coconut sugar to the blender and pulse until you get smooth paste.
- Now add milk, saffron and cardamom powder and blend again.
- Lastly add fresh cream and pulse a few times to get a smooth creamy texture.
- Pour the mixture into the moulds. Garnish with remaining Almond Powder on the top of each mould. Tap them a few times to remove the air if any.
- Cover them with a Silver Foil and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- To demould keep the kulfi moulds under running water and carefully pull out the kulfi.
- Serve and Enjoy…………………………
- You can replace Coconut Sugar with 1/4 Cup Condensed milk.
- You can use any nuts of your choice.
- You can use heavy cream too.
- Increase or decrease sugar quantity as per the sweetness of the Mangoes.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.