Here I am back with another amazing vegan curry recipe. Vegan Chickpea curry / Chana Masala is slightly different from our regular chana masala. Made with coconut milk it is so amazing and finger licking good. Goes well with any flatbread or rice. I love curries with coconut milk or cream. It is so flavorful and a delight to eat. Everything when eaten in moderation is ok. This is a completely vegan recipe.
Some Facts about Vegan Curry :
- Vegan curry is a variation of traditional curry that does not contain any animal or animal-derived ingredients like meat, fish, or dairy products.
- Recipes for vegan curry often call for coconut or some other type of nondairy milk like soy or rice milk.
- Honey and refined sugar are also avoided by vegans.
- Spices used in vegan curries vary from place to place
VEGAN CHICKPEA CURRY / CHANA MASALA
- 1 Heavy Bottom Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 1.5 Cup Boiled Chickpeas
- 2 Nos Medium Size Red Onions Finely chopped
- 6 Nos Garlic Pods minced
- 1 Inch Ginger Finely Chopped
- 2 Nos Green Chillies finely chopped
- 100 ML Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- 1 Tsp Cumin / Jeera
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Soak Chickpeas overnight and pressure cook upto 4 whistles. I had some boiled chickpeas and I have used it here .
- Heat oil in a Pan. Add Cumin and once it crackles add minced garlic ,chopped green chillies and ginger .
- Saute for a few seconds untill you get a nice aroma. Now add the finely chopped onions and saute until they turn golden brown.
- Once the onions are nice golden brown add the salt ,red chilli powder and garam masala and mix well untill the oil starts to leave the sides.
- Add the boiled chickpeas and some chopped coriander . Mix well .
- Lower the flame . Add coconut milk and mix. Once it starts to slightly simmer turn off the heat.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with Rice or any flatbread.
- You can use canned chickpeas in case you can’t get the dried ones to soak to boil.
- You can add chana masala in case you do not have Garam Masala.
- Adjust the green chillies as per your spice tolerance .
- Use the best quality coconut milk for best taste.
- You can add kashmiri chilli powder for reddish colour.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.