Today I am here to share a very easy and nutritious ladoo recipe. Flaxseeds Almond ladoo is an amazing nutrient rich ladoo . It is good for Hair and Skin too. This ladoo has no refined sugar. I have used organic jaggery powder.Stays good in an air tight container for about 8-10 days. Have a ladoo to satisfy your hunger pangs or sweet cravings and drink a glass of water. You will not feel hungry for a long time. We eat these yummy ladoos regularly ,so that we get the required nutrients. It is rich in fiber ,calcium and Omega 3. Do try this and i bet you will love it.
Main Ingredients in Flaxseeds Almond Ladoo:
- 1. Flaxseeds
- 2. Almonds
- 3 Sesame Seeds
- 4.Organic Jaggery Powder
- 5.Cardamom Powder
Health Benefits of Flaxseeds:
- 1.It is loaded with Nutrients.
- 2.Just one serving provides a good amount of protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids, along with several important vitamins and minerals.
- 3.It helps to lower Cholesterol Levels
- 4.it is good to eat in moderation.
- 5. Excellent egg replacement option for vegan and vegetarians.
Health Benefits of Almonds:
- 1. Almonds are loaded with Nutrients
- 2. It is rich in Antioxidants
- 3.Rich Source of Vitamin E
- 4.It is rich in magnesium and helps to control blood sugar
- 5. Almonds help reduce hunger pangs and helps to control calorie intake.
- 6.It has healthy fats and fiber.
What is the theme for Shhhhh Cooking?
This month our hostess is Archana who blogs at themadscientistskitchen She suggested the theme Stick with seeds. I can’t wait to try her Kachaya Dinka chi Pud Recipe that she posted for this theme. This month my partner is Radha who blogs at MagicalIngredientsblogspot. Her blog is a treasure trove of amazing recipes from from around the globe. She gave me two secret ingredients Almonds and sesame seeds . I gave her Ginger and rice vinegar.. She whipped up this delicious delicacy Roasted Fennel and Pumpkin Seed Dip. My humble contribution is this nutritious Flaxseeds Almond Ladoo.
FLAXSEEDS ALMOND LADOO
- 1 Wide Bottom Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Blender
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1/4 Cup White Sesame seeds
- 1/4 Cup Black Sesame seeds
- 1 Cup Flax seeds
- 3/4 Cups Almonds
- 1 Cup Organic Jaggery Powder
- 3 Tsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- Heat the wide bottom pan .
- Dry roast the white and black sesame seeds untill they start to pop up. Do not burn .
- Transfer it on to a plate.
- Now add flax seeds and dry roast untill it starts to pop up. DO not burn it.
- Transfer it on to the plate with roasted sesame .
- In the same pan add almonds and roast untill they are slightly browned. Please ensure it is not burnt.
- Allow it to slightly cool.
- Blend the roasted almonds . It should be slightly coarse. Transfer it to the mixing bowl.
- Now blend the roasted sesame seeds and flax seeds into a slightly coarse powder.
- Transfer this to the mixing bowl. Mix the blended ingredients nicely.
- Now heat the ghee in the pan. Add organic jaggery powder and mix untill it is nicely melted.
- Add the blended almond ,flaxseeds and sesame seed mix to the ghee and jaggery mixture.
- Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Allow it to cool for about 7 minutes. Grease your palm and take small portions and roll them into round ladoos.
- Store them into an airtight container. I keep them in the fridge as the weather here is very humid and unpredictable these days.
- You can use normal jaggery in case you can’t organic jaggery powder. In that case you have to melt the jaggery and strain it to remove the impurities.
- Ghee is a must in this recipe. Do not skip.
- The sweetness is just right for my family as they prefer less sweet.
- Increase or decrease the quantity of jaggery as per your taste preference.
- You can skip jaggery if you add dates.
- You can add pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds to this recipe too.
Do follow my blog and Social media handles to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.