I am back after a Hiatus. This year has started on a busy note as my older one moved out for further studies. He is moving on to the next stage on life. I am having a mixed bag of emotions as I am happy but I do miss him as well. Thanks to the technology that we can see and speak to him everyday. I am slowly coming back to my routine. Office has kept me busy as well. I promise to be back to regular blogging henceforth. Today I am sharing a delicious Pan Grilled Paneer Platter. You don’t need any sauce or chuntey to go with it. We enjoyed it by itself. The slightly charred sides gives a nice oomph factor.
What is Grill method of Cooking ?
Grilling is a method of cooking that involves dry heat applied to the surface of food, commonly from above, below or from the side.Food to be grilled is cooked on a grill (an open wire grid with a heat source above or below), using a cast iron/frying pan, or a grill pan (similar to a frying pan, but with raised ridges to mimic the wires of an open grill).Heat transfer to the food when using a grill is primarily through thermal radiation. Heat transfer when using a grill pan or griddle is by direct conduction.You can grill vegetables , meat , paneer etc. These days grilled dishes are popular in all parts of the world.
Marination for Pan Grilled Paneer?
Marination is a very important step for pan grilled Paneer and veggies. I have made it slightly spicy as my family loves it that way. Marinate the paneer and veggies with yogurt and spice mix.Refrigerate the marinated stuff for about 2 hours or overnight.The spice blend is absolutely flavorful. You can just play around with the spices . It tastes better when it sits in the marinade longer. I always prefer to make it just before serving as the texture is nice and maintained.
PAN GRILLED PANEER PLATTER
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Grill Pan
- 1 Tongs
- 200 Gms Paneer Block
- 4 Tsp Oil
- 1 No Green Bell Pepper cut into 1Inch cubes
- 1 No Bajji Chilli cut into 1Inch cubes
- 2 Nos Onions cut into rings or cubes
- 1 No Juice of one lemon
- 1 Cup Thick Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Dhania Powder / Coriander Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Jeera Powder / Cumin Powder
- In a mixing bowl whisk thick yogurt until smooth.
- Add all the spices mentioned for marination to the smooth yogurt and whisk well to combine together.
- Marinate the Paneer cube , bajji chilli ,onion and bell pepper cubes.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat the grill pan . Spread a tsp of oil evenly on the pan .
- Place the marinated Paneer Cube and grill for about 5-7 minutes untill both the sides are nicely done .
- Repeat the process by spraying some oil to the pan so that marinated bell peppers, bajji chilli and onions don't dry. Let it slightly char.
- Tranfer the grilled paneer and all other grilled veggies on to a plate .
- Squeeze lemon juice .Garnish with Fresh Coriander.
- Serve with any green chutney or Ketchup.
- We just lived it without any sauce and Ketchup.
- Use home made thick yogurt or greek yogurt .
- I have used kashmiri red chilli powder . You can use a mix of normal red chilli powder and kashmiri chilli powder.
- You can cut Paneer into Cubes .I have used the whole paneer block and we just loved it that way.
- You can even grill them in an oven or microwave.
Do follow my blog and Social media handles to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.