We celebrated our new year last week . We are looking forward to the upcoming holidays as Travel has opened up here. I can’t wait to plan my travel to see my family and cousins after 2.5 years. Things are looking bright but we should not let our guard down.We welcomed the new year with a lot of Positivity and hope. To celebrate i made Carrot and Cashew Truffles . This milk based dessert is so delicious. So gooey inside and covered with coarse cashew powder, it is super addictive. This is not for Calorie Conscious People.
Goodness of Carrots:
- Carrots are loaded with Vit A and Beta Carotene.
- Rich in Vitamin K
- Good source of Calcium
- Fiber in carrots help to lower blood sugar.
- It is good for the Eyes
- Helps to boost Immunity
- Has Anti -Oxidant Properties.
Main Ingredients of Carrot And Cashew Truffle:
- Carrots: I have used two medium sized orange carrots. They were fresh and tasted sweet. You can use any variety carrot.
- Full Fat Milk: I have used full fat milk to get the nice creamy texture.
- Milk Powder: Milk powder is used to give a nice grainy texture to the truffle.
- Cashews:I have added cashews to the truffle and also rolled them in coarse powder.
- Coconut Sugar: I have used coconut sugar. You can use milkmaid or any sweetener of your choice.
- Cardamom Powder: Add cardamom powder for the aroma and taste.
- Ghee : I have used home made ghee for the lovely aroma it imparts to the truffles.
- Raisins: I love the raisins fried in ghee . You can add any dry fruits of your choice.
CARROT AND CASHEW TRUFFLES
- 1 Vegetable Chopper
- 1 Blender
- 1 Heavy Bottom Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 2 No Medium Size Carrots finely chopped
- 180 ML Full Fat Milk
- 6 Tsp Milk Powder
- 7 Tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 Tbsp Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- Coarsely grind 1/4 Cup of Cashews and Keep them aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Fry Raisins in the ghee . Transfer them on to a plate and keep them aside.
- Finely chop carrots and cashews in a vegetable chopper.
- Now add the finely chopped carrots and cashews and saute for a 5 minutes on low flame .
- Now add milk and let it simmer for 10 mins until the milk starts to dry up.
- Next add the milk powder and sugar and mix well.
- Cook until it starts to leave the sides and forms a lump in the center.
- Add cardamom powder , mix well and turn off the heat.
- Grease a plate with ghee. Transfer the lump on to a plate and evenly spread it .
- Allow it to cool completely .
- Shape into round balls and roll them in the coarsely ground cashew.
- Transfer them to a air tight container and refrigerate.
- Serve and Enjoy ……………….
- Adding finely chopped cashews is completely optional.
- You can add any dry fruit of your choice.
- It can be made ahead and stored.
- Shape it as a burfi if you wish.
- You can add grated coconut too if you like.
- This is a very simple and delicious.
- I have used coconut sugar . You may use any sweetener of your choice.
Kesar Pista Rasgulla by Sujata Roy.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.