What is Tutti Frutti?Tutti Frutti is a dried Confectionery made from fruit peels. Tutti frutti that I used here made from raw papaya. You can make it at home , although I have tried it.In other parts of the world it is also made from berries and chopped fruits. It can be used as toppings for custard, Falooda ,cakes ,Cookies or ice creams. Kids love it as it is very colorful and delicious to eat.
What is the theme for Shhhhh Cooking?For the month of November the theme is Christmas Bakes . My partner is Namadha who blogs at NamsCorner. She is an amazing blogger and has many traditional and international recipes on her blog. Narmadha gave me Salt and Yogurt as the secret ingredients and I gave her Corn Flour and Brown Sugar. She whipped up these incredibly delicious Sprinkles Cookies. Do check her recipe here.
https://preethicuisine.com/pistachio-coated-dry-fruits-seeds-ball/ https://preethicuisine.com/elaichi-cookies-cardamom-cookies/ Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
TUTTI FRUTTI WALNUT CAKE
Christmas special eggless cake loaded with tutti frutti and walnuts. It is super Addictive.It is a one bowl cake.
- Big Mixing Bowl
- Bundt Pan
- 1 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour (Unbleached)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Thick Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Odorless Oil
- Pinch Of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Tutti Frutti
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- In a small bowl coat the tutti frutti with one tablespoon flour and keep it aside.
- Pre heat the oven at 180C .Grease the bundt pan with Oil and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add yogurt and sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Add oil to this mixture and mix until nice and smooth . There should be no lumps.
- Sift the flour ,baking powder ,salt and baking soda into the same bowl.
- Fold all the ingredients using a dry spatula until well combined.
- Lastly add the flour coated tutti frutti , chopped walnuts and fold until it is well combined.
- Add some tutti frutti at the bottom of the greased bundt pan.
- Pour the batter and level the top.
- Place the bundt pan on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Using a butter knife just release the edges demould the cake.
- Serve and enjoy with Tea or coffee.
- Yogurt ,sugar mixture should smooth and lump free before you add oil.
- After you add oil mix well and again ensure there are no lumps.
- Once you add the dry ingredients use a spatula to fold in the ingredients .
- You may add cashews or skip adding walnuts.
- You can candid peals if you like.
- This is eggless ,butter less and alcohol free recipe.