What is a Cookie?A cookie is a baked or cooked snack or dessert that is typically small, flat and sweet. It usually consists of flour , oil , butter ,eggs, sugar. There are many eggless variations these days. Lot of recipes use butter or clarified butter .Flavors vary with addition of oats , choco chips ,raisins , nuts etc. I love mildly sweet cookies.
https://preethicuisine.com/jeera-cookies-cumin-cookies/ Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
ELAICHI COOKIES / CARDAMOM COOKIES
Elaichi Cookies / Cardamom Cookies are so flavorful and addictive . Perfect for tea time snack any day.
- Baking Oven
- Wide Bowl
- Baking Tray with Parchment Paper
- 1 Cup Plain Flour (Unbleached)
- 1/2 Cup Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 1 Tbsp Rava / Semolina
- 1/2 Cup Ghee / Clarifies Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 Cup Dry Fruits and seeds (Trail mix)
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- Blend the dry fruits and seeds trail mix to a fine powder.
- In a bowl add Unbleached plain flour , Besan / Chickpea Flour , Rava ,Coconut Sugar , Cadamom powder, Ground dry fruits and seeds trail mix powder and ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pre heat the Oven for 10 mins at 180C.
- Take a small lemon sized dough and shape it into a round ball and then flatten it.
- Place this on the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
- Place the baking tray in the pre heated oven and bake at 160C for about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Serve with Tea and Enjoy…..
- You can use butter instead of ghee.
- Please remember baking time varies from oven to oven . So adjust the baking time accordingly.
- You can make this cookie only with Besan and Rava too.
- Add dry fruits and seeds of your choice .This is completely optional.
- I have used coconut sugar. You can reduce the quantity and use refined sugar if you wish to.
- Use freshly ground Elaichi powder for best results.