Some Benefits of Chickpeas:
- It is rich in vitamins , minerals and proteins .
- Known to aid weight management
- Great source of protein for vegans and Vegetarians
- It is known to aid digestion
- Inexpensive to add to our diet.
- Work great in curries, dips and salads.
Some Benefits of Fresh Coriander:
- Abundantly available in winters
- Great source of Anti Oxidants
- Helps to fight free radicals
- Good for overall health
- Aids to reduce Inflammation
- It is known to increase good cholesterol and reduce bad cholesterol
- Good for liver function and bowel movement
Main Ingredients for Hariyali Chole / Coriander Chickpea Curry :
- White Chickpeas
- Fresh Coriander
- Chole Masala
- Fresh Chilli
- Fresh Ginger
- Fresh Garlic
Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
HARIYALI CHOLE / CORIANDER CHICKPEA CURRY
Delicious accompaniment with the goodness of coriander and Chickpeas. Slightly different from the traditional chole.
- Pressure Cooker
- Chopping Board
- Wide Bottom Pan
- 1 Cup White Chickpeas
- 3 Cups Water for soaking
- Salt taste
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 3 Cups Water for pressure cooking chickpeas
- 2 Cups Fresh Coriander
- 2 Nos Fresh Red Chillies
- 3 Nos Red Onions
- 5 Nos Garlic Cloves
- 1 Inch Fresh Ginger
- 2 Nos Cloves
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- 2 Tsp Coriander Seeds / Dhania
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Corns
- 2 Tsp Chole Masala
- Salt to taste
For Tempering / Tadka
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- Soak white Chickpeas overnight.
- Pressure cook the soaked chickpeas with water upto 5 whistles.
- Heat oil in a wide bottom pan . Add coriander seeds , jeera , black pepper corns , Cloves and saute for a few seconds.
- Once it splutters add chopped onions , garlic cloves and ginger . Once the onions turn golden brown turn off the heat.
- Add fresh coriander , red chilli , onion and spice mix to the blender and make a smooth paste.
- Add this mixture to the boiled chickpeas in the cooker. Keep it on medium flame . Add chole masala and let it simmer for about 15 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Add salt as per requirement
- Heat the same wide bottom pan with oil for the tadka.
- Add saunf ,jeera and red chilli flakes . Once the jeera splutters turn of the heat.
- Pour the tadka over the Coriander Chickpea Curry.
- Hariyali Chole / Coriander Chickpea Curry is ready to be served.
- You can use Brown Chickpeas in case you do not have white ones.
- You can a bit of mint leaves or fresh greens like Palak in case you have stock.
- Soak chickpeas in hot water for about 4 hours in case you forget to soak overnight .
- Serve Hot with Rice , Roti or Phulka.
- Remember the chickpeas are cooked with salt . Add salt to the gravy keeping this in mind.