Some Benefits of Mushrooms:
- Mushrooms are nutrient rich edible fungus
- They are rich and low in calorie
- They contain Protein , Vitamins and Anti Oxidants
- The fiber, potassium, and vitamin C in mushrooms is good for the heart.
- Some Popular Varieties of Mushrooms are :
- white, or “button”
- Brown cremini
- Wood ear
- Lion Mane Mushroom
Recipe for Creamy Spiced Mushrooms Curry:This recipe is adapted from the book “200 Curries ” by Sunil Vijayakar. This cook book was bought long back and found its way out of the shelf today. I find it a little difficult to follow a recipe to the T . I prefer to cook and enjoy and experiment with flavors.I have tweaked in a little to suit our palate. There are many curry recipes that are so simple and flavorful.I am amazed by the curry varieties in this cookbook.Check out Kadamba Dosai from Kalyani .
https://preethicuisine.com/paneer-korma/ Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
CREAMY SPICED MUSHROOMS CURRY
Rich and Creamy curry with a delicate balance of Flavors.
- Wide Bottom Pan
- Chopping Board
- 500 Gms Button Mushrooms Halved or Thickly Sliced
- 1 No Onion Finely Chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic Finely Chopped
- 2 Tsp Fresh Ginger finely chopped
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Mild Curry Powder
- 100 ml Double Cream
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Coriander Green chilli paste
- 1/2 Tsp Coarsely Ground fresh Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped fresh Coriander
- Place the finely chopped garlic , ginger , curry powder and onions in a blender and blend until smooth. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wide bottom pan . Add halved button mushrooms.
- Stir fry them on high heat for about 5 minutes. Once done transfer the mushrooms to a bowl or a plate.
- In the same pan add the blended onion mixture and stir fry for about 4 minutes untill the raw smell is gone.
- Now add the stir fried mushrooms , coriander chilli paste and tomato puree and mix.
- Saute for another 3 minutes.
- Now add salt and coarsely crushed fresh pepper .Lastly add cream and give it a good mix .
- Turn off the heat after 3 minutes. Garnish with finely chopped coriander and serve.
Add water to blend the onion , garlic ,ginger and curry powder mix if needed. I did not add as the onions had enough water content. You can make coriander and fresh green chilli paste and store in the refrigerator. Use when needed. Adds a nice flavor and texture to the dish. I have used home made curry powder. You can use store bought Ones too. The measurements given here is as per my family’s palate. It is mildly Spicy. Increase or decrease the spice as per your tolerance .
5 thoughts on “CREAMY SPICED MUSHROOMS CURRY”
Creamy spiced mushroom curry looks so creamy rich and superbly delicious. My kids love mushroom so I am going to try it soon.
I am intrigued by that book 200 Curries, Preethi. I simply love buying and browsing thru veg cookbooks (esp Indian). the mushroom curry looks fantastic and will be a treat for the mushroom lovers at home (hubby n kids) 🙂
The curry looks super creamy and delicious! I love the sound of the cookbook and the recipe – such a unique way of using mushrooms!
Creamy mushroom curry looks yumm . Surely a crowd pleaser and treat for mushroom lovers . The cook book has caught my attention. I am sure it is a treasure to possess
We love mushrooms and your curry looks super creamy amd full of flavors. Can imagine the different variety of veg curry recipes this cook book must have ..a treasure trove for sure.