Benefits of Yogurt:
- Aids Digestion
- Rich in Nutrients
- Good for the Bone strength as it is rich in calcium
- Strengthens our Immune System
- High in Protein
- Good for the Skin
- Staple in every South Indian Household
Some Facts About Potato:Potatoes are rich in fiber. It Should always be eaten in moderation . It always keeps us full when consumed. Do not eat Junk food made of potatoes. Potatoes are also full of antioxidants that work to prevent diseases and vitamins that help our body function properly.
About this Group:I have just joined the this group A-Z Recipe Challenge started by Jolly and Vidhya. This is season 2 with the theme still being A-Z ingredients but this time the ingredient should be in Hindi.Star ingredient should be the hindi name of the vegetable.So for the coming months we will be improving up our Hindi Ingredients vocabulary. This month is Letter D. I am excited to see the recipes of my fellow bloggers.
https://preethicuisine.com/dahi-sabudana-sago-in-yogurt-vrat-recipe/ Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
DAHIWALE ALOO / POTATO YOGURT CURRY
Delicious and quick curry with Potato , Yogurt and Spices.
- Wide Bottom Pan
- Chopping Board
- 3 Nos Medium Size Potato Peeled and Cut into cubes
- 1 Cup Thick Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Cumin / Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Chat Masala
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 5 Nos Curry Leaves
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Aloo Bhujia
- 3 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Black Sesame Seeds
- Wash and peel the potatoes . Chop them into cubes. Keep it aside.
- Add turmeric , Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt, coriander power , chat masala to the thick yogurt and mix it well. It should be lump free.
- Heat oil in a wide bottom pan. Add cumin / jeera.
- Once it splutters add the potato cubes and some salt. Roast on medium heat untill it is golden brown
- Now add the Yogurt and Spice mix plus a cup of water.
- Mix well and let it simmer for about 5 -7 minutes.
- Add curry leaves ,chopped fresh coriander and aloo bhujia.
- Mix again and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and serve with Rice or Roti.
- I have used Home made Yogurt here.
- Ensure the yogurt is not very Sour.
- If the yogurt is sour adjust the chat masala .
- Yogurt should be thick.
- You can substitute potato with Bhindi , Lauki, Turai or Eggplant too.
- Adding bhujia makes it even more tastier. You may skip it in case you don’t have.
- Garnishing black sesame seeds is optional. But do try adding it.
7 thoughts on “DAHIWALE ALOO / POTATO YOGURT CURRY”
Dahiwalr aloo looking so inviting look at the vibrant colour of gravy . Will surely try your version.
Dahi wale aloo look so yummy. Love the gravy colour and the addition of aloo bhujia. Nice twist.
Dahi wale aloo curry sounds lip smacking with the curd and spice powders going in. Like your version with aloo bhujiya amd black sesame seed topping.
A wonderful bowl of dahi potato. You have got a fabulous color. I love to make it as a change from tomato potato curry.
Such a vibrant colour potato yoghurt curry. I haven’t tried potatoes in only yoghurt as such. Looks flavorful. Will soon try.
Such a vibrant colour of gravy, we usually make dahi wale Aloo during fasting time, your version looks more delicious. Will try your version sometime. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious Dahiwale aloo recipe, Preethi. Hot off the stove it has already self-invited my teens to the dinner table with the aroma.