Some benefits of Eating Almonds:
- Almonds contain lots of healthy fats,
- Rich in fiber, protein, magnesium and vitamin E
- They are known to reduce Cholesterol Level and Blood sugar level.
- Almonds are rich in AntiOxidants.
Main Ingredients for Badami Payasa / Almond Kheer:
- Almonds : I have powdered the raw almonds and used them . You can even soak them in advance ,peel the skin and grind to a fine paste.
- Jaggery Powder: I have used organic jaggery powder. It s clean and can be readily used. In case you are using normal jaggery, melt it and strain it and then use.
- Freshly Grated Coconut: I am glad i have access to coconuts here. Hence i have used freshly grated coconut. You can use frozen ones but thaw it before using .
- Cardamom Powder: It enhances the flavor of the payasa or kheer.
- Ghee: Ghee is very good for health. It is a flavor enhancer. I have used home made ghee here. Make the payasa so rich and creamy.
- Full Fat Milk: Always use full fat milk for better results. It gives a nice creamy texture.
- Raisins: It is a good source of Potassium , fat free , cholesterol free and high in AntiOxidants.
https://preethicuisine.com/paneer-payasam-paneer-kheer/ https://preethicuisine.com/carrot-kheer-carrot-payasam/ Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
BADAMI PAYASA / ALMOND KHEER
Delicious , quick and Nutritious Payasa for any festive Occasion.
- Wide Bottom Pan
- Tadka Pan
- 1/2 Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Coconut
- 1000 ML Full Fat Milk
- 1 Cup Jaggery Powder
- 20 Nos Raisins
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10 Nos Raisins
- 1.5 Tsp Desiccated Coconut Pieces
- 1 Tsp Ghee
- First Blend the almonds and raisins to fine powder. Keep it aside.
- Heat Ghee a wide bottom pan
- Add freshly grated coconut and jaggery powder and mix untill the jaggery powder completely melts.
- Now add the almond and raisin powder to this and saute for about 5-7 mins on low flame.
- Add full fate milk and mix untill there are no lumps.
- Let it simmer on medium flame for 20 to 25 minutes
- Add saffron and cardamom powder and let it simmer on low flame for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring .
- Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in the tadka pan.
- Add raisins and desiccated coconut pieces.
- Raisins will bulge and coconut pieces will turn slightly brown.
- Turn of the heat.
- Garnish this over the Payasa and serve.
- You can add roasted cashews too.
- Another method is to soak the almonds and make a smooth paste. This will be taking a little more time.
- I have blended raw almonds
- Once you saute in ghee the raw smell goes off.
- Garnish with any dry fruits of your choice.
- Always use freshly grated coconut for better taste.
- In case you are using frozen coconut , always use it at room temperature.