What is Foodiemonday Theme?Our fellow blogger Narmadha who blogs at namscorner suggested to make any recipe with Rice. She is a wonderful blogger and you should check out her space . One of her rice recipes i have bookmarked is https://www.namscorner.com/peanut-rice-verkadalai-sadam-recipe/ .
For the 240th theme for #Foodiemonday #Bloghop theme #CookingWithRice my humble contribution is this delicious Tomato bath.
Recipe for Tomato Bath / Tomato Rice:
What are the Ingredients?
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- 2 Big red Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 Big Onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Tsp Saunf / Fennel seeds
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Green Chillies slit
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 Tsp Jeera Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 1/2 Tsp Rasam Powder
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1 Tsp Kasuri Methi
How to prepare Tomato Bath?
- Heat oil in a wide bottom Pan. Add Jeera and Saunf and saute for a few seconds.
- As you get the aroma, add asafoetida,mustard and turmeric.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute for a few seconds. Next add finely chopped onions and slit green chillies.
- As the onions turn slightly brown add the chopped tomatoes , jeera powder, coriander powder ,curry leaves , salt and rasam powder.
- Allow it to cook untill the oil starts to leave the sides.
- Add kasuri methi and mix well.
- You can store this in an airtight container.
- You can use a small quantity to mix with rice and store the rest.
- Allow the mixture to cool . Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Garnish with some curry leaves and serve.
- Enjoy with fresh Cucumber Slices.