I am back with an amazing snack recipe that can be whipped in just 15 minutes if you have all the basic ingredients at home .The wether in this part of the world has been crazy. It is extremely hot on some days and pouring on the other days. These Poha patties / Beaten Rice Patties are incredibly delicious and perfect to enjoy as a snack .Do try and I am sure you will love it as it is so addictive. This is one of the best snack recipes approved by my family. I served them with home made tamrind chuntey and it was wiped off in a jiffy. Enjoy with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
Some facts about Poha / Beaten rice:
Flattened rice is a type of rice dish made from raw, toasted, or parboiled rice grains pounded into flat flakes. They are eaten as is, toasted, fried, or used as ingredients or toppings for other dishes. Depending on their use, they can be crispy, crunchy, chewy, or soft in texture with a light nutty flavor. They are then dried, roasted, and then flattened with rollers. They usually come in thin, medium, and thick varieties. Thinner varieties are ideal for cooking and use in desserts, while thicker varieties are ideal for deep-frying. I love the red variety.
What is the Shhhhhh Cooking theme this month?
This month the theme was “Cook What you like” suggested by the Admins Mayuri Patel and Renu Agarwal. Both of them are such amazing bloggers and cooks. Check out the amazing Potato bread by Mayuri dee and Besan Pithla by Renu .I was paired with Narmadha who is an amazing blogger. She gave me two secret ingredients Jeera and Red Chilli flakes. I gave her Fennel seeds and Green chilli. She whipped up delicious Raw Jackfruit curry.I made these delicious Poha Patties / Beaten Rice Patties. Check out our recipes.
POHA PATTIES / BEATEN RICE PATTIES
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Pan
- 1 Cup Red Poha / Beaten Rice
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs
- 3 No Mildly Spiced Green Chili
- 1 No Large red onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Jeera / Cumin
- 2 Nos Medium sized boiled potatoes grated
- Oil for shallow frying
- 1/2 Tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Finely chopped fresh coriander
- Soak the red Poha / Beaten rice for about 10 minutes. Drain the excess water if any.
- In a mixing bowl add soaked Poha, finely chopped onions , grated boiled potatoes , finely chopped ginger , salt,chopped green chilli,chopped fresh coriander,bread crumbs,jeera and red chili flakes.
- Mix all the ingredients with clean hands. Now shape them into round patties .
- Now heat oil in a pan . Shallow fry the patties until both sides are nice golden brown.
- Once done transfer them on to a kitchen towel to drain excess oil if any.
- Serve with any chutney of your choice . I served them with Imli ki chutney / Tamrind chutney.
- You can use white poha in case you can’t find red ones.
- I have used thin variety ones.
- Increase or decrease the number of green chillies as per your spice tolerance.
- You can even deep fry or airfry them as per your convenience.
- Do not miss any other ingredients apart from substitute mentioned above.
- Serve as a snack for your kids , or with tea or even as a party snack.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.