Summers are in full swing in this part of the world. It is so hot and we just don’t feel like spending a lot of time cooking . Here is an quick and easy side dish with mixed vegetables. It is one of my most favorite dish. A delicious curry from Andhra and Telangana is perfect for the summers. Mix Vegetable Majjiga Pulusu is slightly different from the Majjige Huli that is popular in Karnataka. I love this version from Andhra and Telangana too. You just need 20 mins to whip it off.
Memories of Mix Vegetable Majjiga Pulusu:
While growing up in Vizag , I tasted this dish for the first time . My neighbour has prepared this when we were invited for lunch at their Place. Since then I have been eating it regularly at home. You may use any vegetable of your choice. I have used onions , green bell pepper and Lady finger here. You can use ash gourd, unripe papaya , drum stick, bottle gourd or egg plant. It is so addictive and flavorful . In case you have never eaten this then it is a must try.A must try recipe. Mostly people use sour curd to make this pulusu. It is a personal choice though. I like the slightly sour version.
MIX VEGETABLE MAJJIGA PULUSU
- 1 Heavy Bottom Pan
- 1 Big Bowl and whisk
- 1 Spatula
- 1 No Onion roughly chopped
- 3 Nos Fresh Green Chili finely chopped Mildly Spicy
- 1 No Green bell pepper cubed
- 3 Nos Bhindi / Lady's Finger
- 1 Inch Fresh Ginger finely chopped
- 1 No Tomato roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 Sprig Fresh Curry leaves roughly chopped
- 500 Gms Home made Yogurt
- 150 Ml Water
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tsp Channa Dal
- 1 Tsp Urad dal
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera / Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Crushed Coriander seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Coarse black pepper
- Heat ghee in a Pan . Add channa dal , Urad dal ,mustrad seeds , jeera , crushed coriander seeds , chopped green chili , curry leaves , chopped ginger , and some chopped fresh coriander . Roast them until you get a nice aroma.
- Now add turmeric and mix well.
- Add roughly chopped Onions , green bell pepper and cook until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add the chopped bhindi / Lady's finger. Once it is cooked upto 70 percent add the chopped tomato.
- Let it cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add salt and coarse black pepper and mix well.Cook untill the bhindi / Lady;s finger turns soft.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Add water to the yogurt and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Now add this smooth yogurt to the cooled veggie mix.
- Mix well and serve with Rice and Enjoy!!!
- You can use Ash gourd ,bottle gourd , drumstick ,eggplant or raw papaya too.
- Adjust the number of green chilies as per your spice tolerance.
- You can add dry red chili too.
- Do not skip any other ingredient to get the perfect taste.
- Slightly sour curd works best.
- Adjust the quantity of water if the yogurt is too thick.
https://thephotowali.wordpress.com/2023/05/22/aloo-raita-potato-raita/ I love Raita and this Aloo Raita from Priya’s blog is super tempting. Can’t wait to make it .
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.