Today I am sharing a very flavorful and delicious curry recipe. Pepper Cumin Vegetable Curry is insanely delicious and can be served with Roti or Rice. It is so finger licking good that is enjoyed by both old and young alike. Try this curry when you bored of your regular subzi.The goodness of pepper and Cumin adds an amazing flavor and elevates the dish to a new level. The freshly ground spices enhances the taste of the curry. You should try it to believe it. I have used fresh green beans and Potato here.
Some Facts about Cumin :
- Consists of AntiOxidants
- Has Anti Inflammatory Effects
- Aids digestion
- Fights Bacteria
- It is known to have Anti Cancer properties too
Some Facts about Black Pepper:
- High in Antioxidants
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Versatile Spice
- Commonly used in Indian cuisine
- People with bleeding issues should avoid it as it slows blood clotting
PEPPER CUMIN VEGETABLE CURRY
- 1 Blender
- 1 Heavy Bottom Pan
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Knife
- 1 Spatula
- 4 Nos Medium Sized Potatoes peeled and Cubed
- 250 Gms Green Beans ends trimmed and cut into 2" length
- 2 Tsp Black Pepper Corns
- 2 Tsp Cumin / Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander seeds / Dhania
- 2 Nos Dried red Chillies
- 3 Nos Red Onions chopped roughly
- 1 Inch Ginger roughly chopped
- 6 Nos Garlic Cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- 1/2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Cup Thick Yogurt without lumps
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Coriander to garnish
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Mango Powder / Amchur Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan . Slightly roast black peppercorns , jeera , coriander seeds and dry red chilli for a few seconds until you get the aroma .
- Ensure not to burn. Transfer the ingredients on to a plate. I the same pan saute the chopped onions, garlic and ginger until they turn golden brown. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer all the ingredients to a blender and make a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan . Add mustard seeds .Once it splutters add the chopped potatoes and green beans.
- Add salt ,haldi and 1/4 cup water and close the lid. Let is cook for bout 10 mins on medium flame .
- Once the potatoes are well cooked as the grounded spice mix , dry mango powder, red chilli powder and mix well. Add salt if needed.
- Add some more water to adjust the consistency and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Now add the yogurt .Mix and let is simmer for a minute or two.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve.
- You can add capsicum to this along with green beans and potatoes.
- Adjust the spice mix as per your spice tolerance
- I have used home made yogurt absolutely creamy and lump free.
- Goes well with Rice and Rotis.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
5 thoughts on “PEPPER CUMIN VEGETABLE CURRY”
This veg curry with pepper n cumin surely looks enticing with the curd also going in. Would love to try it soon with some hot phulkas for dinner
The curry was my lunch today. Loved the flVours. The curry was very easy make and I have leftovers for tommorow
Mix veg curry flavored with pepper and jeera makes it a perfect side dish for winter or monsoon..will go well with hot hot rotis and comforting to the throat as well. Lovely color of the curry…in love with this recipe
Wow what a flavorful and delicious pepper cumin vegetable. Just perfect for me as I am out of veggies and need a quick and delicious fix for tomorrow.
Will try. Thanks.
Pepper cumin curry looks flavoursome, ideal for our meals. Liked the combination of vegetables used here Preethi.