Winter Veggies :I always like winter season .I have been missing it for a long time. During winters the the markets are flooded with so many varieties of vegetables. Fresh greens , carrots etc are a beautiful sight to behold.Some popular Winter vegetables are :
- Brussels Sprouts
- Swiss Chard
- Collard Greens
- Red / Green Cabbage
- Red / White Radish
- Spinach , Mustard Greens
Vegetables used in Mix Vegetable Balls (Snack):Carrots , Organic french beans and Potatoes are the vegetables used to make this dish. Carrot is loaded with Beta Carotene, Vitamin A, Vitamin K and Calcium .French bean is loaded with Proteins , and Anti oxidants.It has folate . Potatoes are rich in fiber. This is a nutritious and oil free snack .
https://preethicuisine.com/spinach-and-macaroni-soupdairy-free/ Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
MIX VEGETABLE BALLS (SNACK)
Steamed snack loaded with winter vegetables that is super addictive . Made with minimal spices it will be loved by both kids and adults alike. It is quick to make too.
- Mixing Bowl
- Thick Bottom Pan
- Small Pan
For the Vegetable Balls
- 1 No Finely Chopped Large Carrot
- 10 Nos Finely Chopped Organic French Beans
- 2 Nos Medium Size Potatoes finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Pepper Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 3 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 4 Cups Water for Blanching the veggies
For the Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Sizzling hot Oil
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 6 Nos Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Roasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tsp Soya Sauce
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING MIX VEGETABLE BALLS
- Finely chop all the vegetables and keep them aside.
- Boil the water in a thick bottom pan . Blanch the veggies on medium flame for about 7 minutes.
- Using a strainer remove the blanched vegetables in a wide bowl .
- Use the water for kneading the dough or to make curries.
- To the blanced veggies add pepper powder, chilli flakes , salt and corn flour.
- Mix while it is hot as it can shaped into round balls .
- Using a steamer plate , steam these balls for about 12 minutes .
- Remove them from the steamer and serve hot with the home made sauce or ketchup.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAUCE
- Heat the oil untill sizzling hot.
- In a bowl add finely chopped garlic , chilli flakes , roasted sesame and mix well. Pour the sizzling hot oil and mix well.
- Lastly add soya sauce and mix well. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the mixed vegetables balls with this lip smacking sauce and enjoy.
- I have used the vegetables that were available .You can add cabbage or any other vegetable of your choice.
- Add the chilli flakes and pepper powder as per your spice tolerance .
- I have used a steamer plate to steam these . You may steam it in a idli cooker too.
- I have used dark soya sauce for the sauce. It has salt hence no salt is added.
- Serve hot always to enjoy the best taste.
- Good idea to get a fussy eater to eat veggies.