I am here with an absolutely lip smacking appetizer that we have totally crazy about. We had this Boondi Masala (Appetizer)in one of the restaurants many years back. Since then it has become a hot favorite at my place. My boys just love boondi anytime.Serve it as a starter or a snack anytime. Treat your guests and they will be left craving for more. It is so addictive and filling .Try it to believe it.
What is Boondi ?
Boondi is made from chickpea flour and is used to make both savory and sweet dishes. It is added to mixture , and used in making raita , bhel , ladoo , sweet boondi and boondi mithai. Making Boondi at home from scratch is time consuming and we need to have patience.But Homemade is always worth the effort. Replicating Boondi masala at home was worth the effort. It is once of the easiest recipes you can make at home.
What is the theme for Shhhhh Cooking?
The hostess of the theme is Aruna and she is an amazing blogger. I love her Andhra recipes that is on her blog. She suggested the theme Homemade Restaurant Style Food. Do check her Paneer Do pyazaa Recipe.My Partner is Poonam who is so multi talented and a very versatile blogger and youtuber. Do check her blog many amazing recipe with traditional Maharashtrian recipes too. She gave me two secret ingredients Onion and Chaat masala .I gave her bay leaf and cashews . She whipped up this amazing Mushroom Do Pyazaa. I made this simple and delicious Boondi Masala (Appetizer).
BOONDI MASALA (APPETIZER)
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Knife
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 2 Cups Boondi (Haldiram brand)
- 3/4 Cup Finely chopped Red Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Green bell pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 3/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onions
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 1/4 Tsp Coarse Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- In a mixing bowl add boondi , chopped onions, chopped tomatoes , chopped green bell pepper, pepper powder ,chaat masala , chilli powder , chilli flakes and salt as required.
- Give it a mix. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve Immediately and Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
Do follow my blog and Social media handles to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.