Butter glazed chilli garlic carrots are super addictive and quick to make. Serves as a good side dish or serve as a snack or a light meal. It is perfect for busy days when you feel like having something light but bored of salad.I make it regularly for my boy as a after school snack .You just need a few easily available ingredients from your pantry.
SOME FACTS ABOUT CARROTS:
- Carrots consists of Carbs.
- It is a good source of Fiber
- Carrots are relatively low in Glycemic Index (GI)
- It is extremely low in Fats and Proteins.
- Good Source of Vitamin A , K1,Biotin and B6 and Potassium.
- Helps to lower Blood Cholesterol.
- Good for the Eyes.
MAIN INGREDIENTS OF BUTTER GLAZED CHILLI GARLIC CARROTS:
- Carrots—I have used normal Orange carrots here. You can use any variety that you can find.
- Butter–Enhances the taste and gives a nice glaze to the carrots.
- Garlic–Adding finely chopped garlic gives a nice aroma and taste to the carrots.
- Chilli Flakes—I have used a slightly spice chilli flakes to balance the sweetness of the carrots. You can add non spicy chilli flakes or adjust as per your spice tolerance.
- Sesame Seeds—Adds a nice flavor ,crunch and taste to the carrots.
- Salt—I have used Himalayan Pink Salt .You can add any variety of your choice.
- Cumin–I love to add cumin to the tempering. This is completely optional. I love the taste and flavor.
BUTTER GLAZED CHILLI GARLIC CARROTS
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Knife
- 1 Wide Bottom Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 8 Nos Carrots washed , cleaned and cut into 1 inch pcs
- 6 Nos Garlic Pods finely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 2 Tsp Roasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Coriander Finely chopped
- Heat the pan. Add butter and cumin seeds and garlic.
- Now add carrot pieces and saute for about 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Ensure it is to be cooked with a crunch and not over cooked.
- Add salt ,chilli flakes, roasted sesame and mix well. Saute for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander and turn off the heat.
- Serve and enjoy……………..
- You can make it with any color carrot.
- Add roasted sesame seeds for better flavor and crunch.
- Adjust chilli flakes as per your spice tolerance
- Add vegan butter if you want to make it vegan.
- Serve as a side or a snack.
- You can even roast them it in an oven
- You can substitute these with baby carrots too.
CARROT HALWA BY RADHA
Do follow my blog and Social media handles to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.