It is celebration time for me as I have completed my first year on a food group. My passion for cooking has become more intense and interesting since I embarked on this beautiful journey on this food group.
I have learnt and shared a lot. Made new friends who share the same passion and interest and have their own unique style and talent. Inspite of various talents and expertise they share,guide,support and encourage selflessly. I am glad to be a part of this group.
My learning journey continues in pursuit of gaining knowledge everyday.
I would like to share Paneer Makhni in Grilled Red Bell Pepper in my style.
RECIPE FOR PANEER MAKHNI IN GRILLED RED BELL PEPPER CUPS
- 250 gms Paneer/cottage cheese cubes
- 25 Cashews – soak in water and grind the cashews to a smooth paste.
- 6 Tomatoes Pureed (Medium Sized)
- 2 Green chillis slit (some slit chilli for garnishing)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Tsp Garam masala
- ½ Tsp Sabji Masala
- ½ Tsp Red chili powder
- ½ Tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder(for the colour-optional)
- 1 tbsp oil + 2 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups water
- ¼ tsp of Turmeric
- Handfull Chopped Coriander leaves for garnishing (optional)
- salt to taste
- Red Bell Pepper
- Heat oil and butter in a Pan. Once the butter starts to melt add bay leaf and saute for 10 seconds till you get the aroma.
- Add the tomato puree and stir well. Add red chili powder and Kashmiri chilli powder after 2-3 mins and stir again. Saute till the oil starts to leave the sides of the tomato puree in the pan.
- Add cashew paste and mix well. Saute the masala till the oil begins to leave the sides .Add water and and let it simmer on a low flame.
- Add slit green chilies, Turmeric and salt and simmer till the curry begins to thicken.
- Add the paneer cubes and cook them For about 3 minutes .Ensure not to overcook the Paneer. Add Garam masala and Sabji masala and stir well for 4 to 5 mins.
Slit the red bell pepper into halves. Grill it for 50 secs to 1 min in a microwave using the grill option.