Some Facts about Congress Kadlekai / Spicy Peanuts:
- The credit for this recipe goes to Srinivasa Brahmin Bakery in Gandhi Bazar In Bengaluru.
- It is very Flavorful and spicy
- One of the theory behind this name is that the split peanuts which are used to make this snack were like the split in the Congress party way back in 1969.
- We always add onion and grated carrots and serve as peanut masala to be served with the Booze.
- I add it to chaats and curries too sometimes.
Some benefits of Peanuts:
- Peanuts are rich in protein, fat, and various healthy nutrients.
- People allergic to nuts should completely avoid it.
- Peanuts are very versatile and used in desserts, cakes, confectionery, snacks, and sauces.
- Peanuts are good source of biotin, copper, niacin, folate, manganese, vitamin E, thiamine, phosphorus, and magnesium.
Peanut Butter Cookies by BatterupwithSujata. https://preethicuisine.com/horsegram-peanut-soup/ Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
CONGRESS KADLEKAI / SPICY PEANUTS
Highly addictive and popular snack from Bangalore and Mysore made with versatile Peanuts.
- Wide Bottom Pan
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 Cup Peanuts
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 30 Nos Curry Leaves
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 1 Tsp Crushed Pepper Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Tsp Oil
- Heat a wide bottom pan. Dry roast the peanuts for about 6-7 Minutes.
- Transfer it to a bowl and allow it to cool completely.
- Nicely rub them with hands so that the skin is separated and the peanuts are broken into half. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in the same pan. Add curry leaves . They should be crisp and not burnt.
- Now add Asafoetida /Hing and roasted peanuts, turmeric , red chilli powder , salt and pepper powder.
- Mix it well and keep it on low flame for a minute.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Mix all the ingredients with clean hands and crush the crisp curry leaves.
- Store it in an air tight container. We usually finish half the stock .
- Use good quality peanuts for best results.
- Adjust the chilli powder quantity as per your spice tolerance.
- None of the ingredients to be skipped.
- Add grated carrots and finely chopped onions to make masala peanuts.
- Top it on curries , fried rice and chaats.