Today I am sharing a very unique and delicious relish recipe. Peppers And Dates Relish is very flavorful , mildly sweet and spicy .A perfect relish to tingle your taste and give a oomph factor to your burgers , sandwiches and roti too.I have used two varieties of peppers . I am in love with this quick and easy relish. Dates balance the heat from the peppers. The colorful peppers make relish so addictive.
What is Relish ?
Relish is a cooked and pickled condiment made using vegetables / fruits / herbs. Serve them with the below to enjoy. Home made relish without preservatives is the best . Peppers And Dates Relish is one of my most favorite condiment.
- Puff Pastries
- Pita Pockets
- Hot Dogs
- Meat Pies
- Desi Pav
What is the Shhhhhh Cooking theme this month?
Our host this month is Preeti Tandon Sridhar. She suggested the theme Jams,Jellies,Relishes and Chutneys . I was intrigues to share my favorite relish recipe when the theme was announced. She is the host and my partner too.An amazing blogger with many awesome recipes on her blog. Her blog is very versatile. Do check her space. She gave me two secret ingredients Saunf and garlic powder.I gave her Balsamic vinegar and salt. She has whipped up lip smacking Onion Jam . Check out the recipe here.
PEPPERS AND DATES RELISH
- 1 Vegetable Chopper
- 1 Heavy Bottom Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Clean and dry Jar with lid
- 6 Nos Sweet Peppers (Medium Size)
- 2 Nos Habanero Peppers
- 6 Nos Medjool dates
- 1 No Ripe Red Tomato
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1/3 Tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 2 Tsp Oil
- 1/8 Tsp Garam Masala
- Using a vegetable chopper chop the Sweet peppers and deseeded Habanero peppers very small pieces. Keep it aside
- Similarly deseed the dates and finely chop using a chopper.Keep it aside.
- Lastly finely chop the tomatoes as well.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan . Add Cumin.
- Once it Splutters add the chopped peppers ,tomatoes and dates.
- Let is simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add salt , Garlic powder,fennel seeds and garam masala and mix well.
- Let it simmer on low flame for about 5-7 minutes. The mixture will thicken .
- Turn off the heat.
- Allow it to cool completely .
- Transfer it to an Air tight Container and refrigerate.
- Enjoy as you like it……………….
- Handle the hot Habanero peppers using a glove to deseed.
- I have yellow, orange and red Sweet peppers.
- Use nice ripe tomato for better taste.
- Increase or decrease the no of dates to adjust to your spice tolerance. You can add more dates or Sugar if you need to adjust the heat.
- This is gelatin free relish
- You can use bell peppers in case you can’t find sweet peppers.
- Use Habanero pepper only for the spiciness.
- Enjoy them with some nachos or crackers too.
- Healthier alternative to store bought relish.
- Always use a clean and dry spoon while handling .
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.
10 thoughts on “PEPPERS AND DATES RELISH”
Wo, can almost get the taste of this peppers and date relish. Spicy and sweet and a bit of tang. Such a wonderful relish to have at hand for sandwiches, to enjoy with plain roti, paratha and with fresh savoury snacks.
Peppers and dates relish is truly a melange of flavors and will certainly create a riot of experience with every bite …
Wow! Now, this is one relish that we will love! pepper, dates, garlic and cumin! In fact I have all the ingredients. Definitely making some.
The relish looks and sounds so good! Tangy and sweet and spicy, I bet it was super flavourful. I would love to have this with some hot rotis.
Peppers and Dates relish makes a good condiment, it is bursting with flavours. Lovely one, I wish I get those peppers here.
from pita pockets to salads and sandiwches, bet these pepper-date relish would tickle us pink ! bookmarking to try soon, PReethi ! A real winner !!
from pita pockets to salads and sandiwches, bet these pepper-date relish would tickle us pink ! bookmarking to try soon, PReethi ! A real winner for sure
Spicy Dates Relish sounds so delicious. I can already feel the taste . A healthy delicious treats to go with sandwiches, nachos, pita crisps. I have to try this
Wow Preethi relish sounds sweet spicy and super yummy. So well explained recipe. I would love to try it sometime.
Peppers And Dates Relish looks so very flavorful, mildly sweet, and spicy as well.
A perfect relish to tingle our tastebuds !!!!