Today I am sharing a very quick and easy fried rice recipe. Onion fried rice is so flavorful and delish with all the masala going in. We can treat our family with this yummy fried rice , when we want to eat something different from our regular dishes. Works well for lunch box too. It is absolutely lip smacking . Try it to believe me….
Growing up , my mom always treated us with a variety of of fried rice. Some Indian inspired and some chinese Inspired. Fried rice loaded with a lot of vegetables ,Paneer or Tofu. or meat. Earlier We used have very simple yet flavorful dishes. It is one of the most soul satisfying one pot meal for busy days. Fried rice is often eaten by itself or as an accompaniment to another dish. Best served with Plain Yogurt or Raita. Onion Fried rice is the most simplest fried rice recipe that i make. We would pack it for our lunch box or eat it at home once we were back from school. I am not a rice eater but like to treat myself with fried rice once in a while.
Some Rice varieties from my Blog:
- 1. BELL PEPPER PEAS FRIED RICE
- 2.RAW BANANA FRIED RICE
- 3.TOMATO BATH / TOMATO RICE
- 4.SPINACH CAPSICUM FRIED RICE
ONION FRIED RICE
- 1 Rice cooker
- 1 Wide Bottom Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 3 Nos Large Onions sliced
- 2 Nos Green Chillies slit
- 1 Tsp Vangibath Masala
- 1 Tsp Vegetable Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Urad dal
- 1/2 Tsp Channa dal
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped fresh Coriander
- 1. Cook rice in a rice cooker as per instructions and allow it to cool completely.
- Slice Onions Lengthwise and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a wide bottom pan.
- Add urad dal ,channa dal and mustard . Once it splutters add asafoetida and turmeric.
- Mix well. Add ginger garlic paste ,slit green chillies and sliced onions and saute until they turn golden brown
- Add vangibath masala , vegetable masala , half of finely chopped coriander and mix well.
- Close the lid and let it cook on low flame for about 10 minutes until the oil starts to leave the sides and masala is cooked.
- Now add the cooked and cooled rice and salt as per taste. Mix it untill the rice is nicely coated with the onion masala.
- Garnish with balance fresh coriander.
- Serve with plain yogurt and enjoy…………………………..
- You can use freshly cooked rice or left over rice .
- Do not add hot cooked rice as it will form lumps.
- Increase or decrease the quantity of the masala to suit your taste buds.
- Adding curry leaves is optional.
- You can add roasted peanuts or cashews to garnish.
- Serve with Plain yogurt or simple raita.
BROCCOLI AND COCONUT RICE(NO ONION NO GARLIC RECIPE)
Biryani Flavoured Tahri by Sujata Roy.
5 thoughts on “ONION FRIED RICE”
Onion fried rice looks so delicious and perfectly cooked. Love the use of vangibath masala here which makes it more flavorful.
The Onion Fried Rice looks perfectly made and very delicious! Love the use of vangi bath powder and vegetable masala here.
I would be happy to dig into a warm bowl of this fragrant and flavourful rice.
Preethi I love fried rice. And this fried rice looks super tempting. Loved the use of vegetable masala and vangibath masala. These will definitely give a different taste. I would love to have it plateful anytime.
Whenever we have leftover rice from our dinner it goes into making Onion fried rice for breakfast the following day. Addition of Vangibhat masala sounds interesting!
Preethi I love your super simple and delicious recipes which can be made in jiffy.. this one sounds so flavourful with the use of vegetable masala and vangibath powder. It’s a keeper recipe . Wonderful share.