The weather is hot in this part of the world . I prefer to cook easy and delicious meal . Well my job is keeping me super busy. Today I am sharing a very flavorful and delicious Jeera Adraki Aloo subzi. Serve it with Roti ,Phulka or Rice . Absolute comfort meal anytime. With very minimal spices it is very easy to whip up.
Benefits Of Jeera:
- Natural Energy Booster
- Power Packed with Nutrients
- Promotes Digestion
- Rich Source of Iron
- Known to fight Inflammation
- Source of Anti Oxidants
This recipe is my humble contribution for the A TO Z Recipe Challenge season 2 . This month was letter J and hence Jeera Adraki Aloo is my contribution this month.
JEERA ADRAKI ALOO
- 1 Heavy Bottom Pan
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Knife
- 3 No Medium Size Potatoes
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- 1 No Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Vegetable Masala (Optional)
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- Salt to Taste
- 2 Tsp Oil
- Wash the potatoes and cut them length wise .
- Heat Oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add cumin seeds / Jeera.
- Once it Splutters add finely chopped green chilli and grated fresh ginger .
- Saute for a few seconds and then add the potato slices.
- Roast on medium flame until the potatoes are golden brown and cooked.
- Now add vegetable masala , jeera powder, Kashmiri chilli powder and salt.
- Mix well and saute until the potato slices are nicely coated with the masala.
- Garnish with finely chopped frsh coriander and turn off the heat.
- Serve with Roti , Rice or Phulka and enjoy………………..
- Adding vegetable masala is completely optional. But i would recommend to add it.
- Increase or decrease the green chili as per your spice tolerance.
- Adding freshly grated ginger enhances the taste of the potatoes.
- You can substitute with baby potatoes too.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.