I have been making different kinds of salad lately . Today I am sharing a very delicious and unique salad recipe that takes just 5 mins to whip up if you have all the basic ingredients ready. It is bursting with Asian flavors. I will share the secret ingredient that takes this Arugula chickpea salad to another level.It works perfect when you want to have something light for dinner or lunch. I prefer to make it and enjoy it immediately. This is my go to for busy weekdays and nights. I have boiled chickpeas handy at home. This is basically a light summer salad but I love to have always.
Salads are usually considered boring by many. No food is boring though.By adding legumes or beans it becomes more nutritious and closer to a meal. This Arugula chickpea salad is one such hearty salad that will leave you craving for more .You can have salads with or without a dressing as per your choice. Home made salad dressing is always the best as it is preservative free. Let your imagination flow to make a salad of your choice .These days salads have become a meal on the go. Well … it saves time and can be freshly consumed.
What is Arugula ?
I love the taste of arugula also known as rocket. Arugula is bright, peppery, and lemony all on its own, and creates an amazing backdrop to heartier ingredients, like chickpeas, sliced steak, or chicken to name a few.Arugula takes longer to wilt compared to lettuce and can add them to salads to be made in advance .It is a member of the Cruciferous family which includes broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and kale.
ARUGULA CHICKPEA SALAD
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Knife
- 1 Salad mixing bowl
- 1 Big Spoon
- 2 Cups Boiled Chickpeas
- 10 Nos Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 No Japanese Cucumber finely chopped
- 1 No Medium Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped fresh Coriander
- 140 Gms Baby Arugula (Keep some for aside )
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Medium Lemon Juiced
- 1/2 Tsp Coarse Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp Chilli Garlic Oil
- In a large salad bowl add the chickpeas , chopped cucumber , chopped onions, sliced cherry tomatoes , Baby Arugula and fresh coriander .
- Add salt and lemon juice and give it a nice mix .
- Next add coarse black pepper powder and chilli garlic oil and mix well.
- Place the extra Arugula leaves on the plate. Place the salad on the bed of Arugula and serve immediately.
- Chilli garlic oil is home made and very mildly spicy. This the secret ingredient here. Do not skip.
- You can add colorful peppers to this salad. I did not have them hence not added.
- You have to try this salad with chilli garlic oil. It is very addictive.
- Using other dressing is always an option.
- It is completely vegan .
- I love to use Japanese cucumbers as they have very few or no visible seeds . In case you can’t find this variety you can use the once you can get at your place.
- Japanese cucumbers add a nice crunch to the salad.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.