What is Holi?This year the festival of colors Holi falls on March 10th this year. It is the festival of colors and celebrated by Indian community worldwide.
he festival signifies the arrival of spring, the end of winter, the blossoming of love, and for many a festive day to meet others, play and laugh, forget and forgive, and mend broken relationships. This year prepare this Mixed Peas vada to celebrate the festival. It is something different and absolutely lip smacking. Please be responsible and consider the environment when you celebrate. Lot of sweet and savory delicacies are prepared to treat family and friends. This year the celebrations have taken a back seat due to the current virus situation worldwide. Let us all pray and hope the situation improves worldwide.
What is the theme for this week?For 237th #Foodiemonday #Bloghop theme we decided to blog for Holi festival #HoliOnMyPlate. D check out all the wonderful recipes from me and my fellow bloggers for lots of idea to make something delicious last minute.
Recipe for Mixed Peas Vada:
What are the Ingredients?
- 2 Cups Rice Flour
- 1.5 Cups Roasted Moong dal Flour
- 1 Tbsp Multigrain Wheat Flour
- 2 Cups Boiled Chickpeas
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- 5 Green Chillies
- 2 Cups Chopped fresh Coriander
- 2 Tsp Ajwain / Carrom seeds
- 1.5 Tsp Jeera
- 2″ Ginger
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- water for the batter
- Oil for frying
- Generous Pinch of Hing /Asafoetida
Method to prepare these Vadas:
- Take a wide bottom bowl. Add rice flour , roasted moong dal flour, multigrain wheat flour , jeera, ajwain , turmeric, coconut cream, salt ,hing chopped onion and red chilli powder.
- In a blender add green chillies , ginger, boiled chickpeas , green peas and fresh coriander. Add a cup of water and blend to make a fine paste. Mix this paste to the flour.
- Add a little water slowly to make thick vada batter . It should be vada batter consistency.
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Once the oil is hot take a spoon full of batter and deep fry until both the sides are well cooked.
- Serve with any green chutney or sauce.
- I served it with Nandos extra hot Sauce. It was just mind blowing.
10 thoughts on “MIXED PEAS VADA / MIXED PEAS FRITTERS”
I absolutely love the use of haldi and Mirchi to depict Holi!!! It is apt! and as for the vadas they must be delicious! I love these healthy steal in veggies kind of dishes.
Vadas with peas and chickpeas must have had a sweet nutty taste.. these look so yum.. Hope things are in control at your place..be careful and stay safe.
Love, love, love these vadas! They sound so flavourful, with the green peas and chickpeas going in. Would be great as a tea-time snack. 🙂
Wow Preethi peas vada sounds amazing. Chickpeas, green peas, rice flour, multigrain flour and all the spices definitely made this vada absolutely delicious. Loved your colorful presentation. Perfect Holi platter.
I am loving this vadas and specially because you have made use of different flours and chickpeas, all the ingredients are available in the pantry. Would love to snack on this.
Preethi, these Vadas look so tempting. I would have never thought of adding crushed chickpeas to the vada batter, though sometimes we add crushed peas. A yummy snack to enjoy.
protein-packed vadas ! pack me some Preethi ! totally brilliant idea to add chickpeas..
Vadas make a perfect tea time treat and these ones with chickpeas, green peas and multugrain flour sound both delicious and nutritious !
Vadas using mixed varieties of peas sounds much interesting. These must be so yum and nutritious di !
Mixed peas vada looks very inviting, the way you used different healthy flours and coconut cream sound very interesting, yummy.