It rains every other day but still the weather is getting hotter day by day. Today I am sharing a very refreshing Cucumber Coriander Ginger Raita recipe to beat the heat . It keeps us cool during the summers. Serve it with Pulao , Biryani or a side dish or even eat on its own when you prefer a light meal.
What is Raita?
Raita is a side dish made with fresh yogurt and vegetables (cooked and Uncooked). Fruit Raita is also very popular these days. Some Indian flatbreads are eaten with raita and pickle.There are many varieties of Raita . It is very refreshing and quick to whip up.
Popular Raita Varieties :
- Cucumber Raita
- Onion Tomato Raita
- Boondi Raita
- Ivy Gourd Raita
- Spinach Raita
- Coriander Raita
- Pumpkin Raita
- Carrot Raita
- Mint Raita
- Garlic Mint Raita
- Cucumber Coriander Ginger Raita
- Sprouted Green Gram Raita
- Fruit Raita
- Melon Raita
CUCUMBER CORIANDER GINGER RAITA
- 1 Vegetable Chopper
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 No Japanese Cucumber
- 1.5 Cup Home made Fresh Thick Yogurt
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Coriander
- 1 Inch Ginger Finely Grated
- 1 No Fresh Green Chilli
For Tempering :
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 No Curd Chilli cut into Pieces
- Whisk the thick yogurt in a bowl to ensure it is lump free. It looks creamy.
- Add cucumber , coriander , freshly grated ginger and green chilli to the vegetable chopper and very finely chop them.
- To the whisked yogurt add the chopped ingredients, salt and mix well.
- In small pan heat oil. Fry the curd chillies untill crisp.
- Add mustard seeds and once they crackle turn off the heat.
- Pour this tempering over the Yogurt Mix .
- Serve with Pulao , Biryani ,Bisibelebath or any flatbread of your choice.
- You can substitute dry red chillies for curd chilli.
- Adjust the consistency of the yogurt as per your choice.
- Fresh ginger adds a nice flavor to the raita
- I have used mildly spicy green chilli.
- Adding Curd Chillies works out best.
If you try my recipe and love it , then please share some pictures of your dish with me. Kindly rate the recipe below, and give your valuable feedback in the comment section.
Don’t forget to tag me with the pictures on my social media handles.Do follow my blog and Social media handles on Facebook , Instagram , Twitter and Pinterest to get an update on the latest recipes.The more you share the more I will Smile. Thank you for your encouragement and support.