What is Foodiemonday Bloghop?Foodiemonday Bloghop was started in 2015 by Waagmi and Jolly. Kritika had joined them. I was the fourth in line to join this group in Aug 2015. With this group I am motivated to post every monday inspite of hectic schedule . It really keeps me going. We learn and inspire each other all the time. You get to learn a lot from each and everyone who never shy’s away from sharing the knowledge or their expertise. It challenges me to work out of my comfort zone.
What is the Milestone Theme?To celebrate 250th #Foodiemonday #Bloghop theme was unanimously chosen as #CelebratewithCake. My humble contribution to this theme is an insanely delicious coffee cup cake(Eggless). It is too tempting to just eat one.
Recipe for Coffee Cup cake(Eggless):
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (Unbleached)
- 1/2 Cup Warm water
- 1 Tsp baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar(Organic)
- 2 Tsp Instant Coffee Granules
- Hershey’s Cookie and Cream Chocolate for topping
- Sieve the flour , baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Mix Sugar ,oil,milk ,half the quantity of warm water,vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Add the Coffee granules to the remaining warm water and mix well untill the granules are well dissolved.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients except the coffee mixture.
- Ensure no lumps and do not overmix.
- Separate the batter into 2 equal parts.
- Add the coffee mixture to one part of the batter and mix well.
- Grease the muffin tray.
- Pour a spoon full of plain batter first
- On top add the batter with coffee mix.
- Throw in a piece of hershey’s cookie and cream chocolate.
- Repeat the process for the balance cake batter.
- Pre heat the oven at 180C for about 10 minutes.
- Place the baking tray in the pre heated oven and bake for 30 -35 minutes or untill the toothpick comes out clean.
- let it cool
- Garnish with Hershey’s cookie and cream chocolate and serve.