Today is a easy Instant Dhokla recipe.Please your family or guests with this delicious recipe that can me made in a jiffy. I will take you down the memory lane today.
August 2015 i met a wonderful lady Kritika who introduce me to two other wonderful ladies Jolly and Waagmi. They had started this Group called Foodiemonday Bloghop.My journey with this group started on a very beautiful note and is still going strong. I came across many good people who are more than friends today. I can go on and on writing about each one of them. Some came and left due to their personal commitments.We are all still in touch. We have learnt a lot and still learn from this group.People are always ready to share info that is helpful to everyone. We are still going strong and today we celebrate our 200th Post. I am the oldest member of the group now.
To celebrate our 200th Post our theme today is #200Notout.We planned to do the round robin method. I had to cook from Priya’s blog as alphabetically she is after me. She is an amazing blogger and blogs at
https://thephotowali.wordpress.com/ . I chose to make Safed dhokla from Idli batter from her blog. She has explained it in detail and you can get the recipe here.
Recipe for Instant Dhokla:
- 2 Cups Idli Batter
- 1Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3/4 Tsp Jeera
- 1 Green Chilli Finely chopped
- Finely Chopped Coriander to garnish
- 1 Tbsp oil for tempering and greasing the utensil used for steaming
- Grease the bottom and sides of a large, wide bowl with some oil.
- Pour the fermented batter into the greased bowl and keep it ready.
- Pour about 1-1/2 cups of water in a big wide bottom pan or pressure cooker and place it on high flame. When the water comes to a boil, place a stand inside the cooker / wide bottom pan and place the greased utensil with the batter on top of it. Close the lid. Steam on high flame for 10 minutes. If you are using a pressure cooker do not put the whistle. Switch off the stove.
- Let the Instant white Dhokla rest for 2-3 minutes more after switching off the stove, then take out the steaming vessel.
- Now prepare the tempering for the Dhokla. Heat a tablespoon of oil and add mustard seeds ,green chilli and jeera. Let them splutter. Pour this tempering evenly over the steamed dhokla. Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander .
- Cut into pieces and serve hot.